CIDER is seeking a CIDER Session Coordinator for Fall 2006 and, funding permitted, Spring 2007.
This position is part-time (up to 20 hours per week) and involves organizing and facilitating CIDER Sessions, an online series of professional development sessions for distance education researchers and graduate students that has proven to be very popular.
CIDER Sessions are broadcast using Elluminate. Those interested in this position are encouraged to download Elluminate and visit the online CIDER Session archives to obtain an idea of the scope and impact of this popular “research dissemination” series. CIDER Sessions are typically – but not always – held every Friday in October to December, and April to June.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
– solicitation of potential CIDER Session presenters
– confirmation of presenters
– work with Elluminate technical personnel to book and record sessions
– walk presenters through a pre-session test-drive using Elluminate
– load content to Elluminate prior to each session
– facilitation of live CIDER Session events
– work with CIDER administrative staff for pre-and-post event promotions
This part-time position can be completed at a distance or at the Edmonton Learning Centre of Athabasca University. The duration of this coordinator internship is for up to 4 months, and can be renewable based on funding and performance. This position pays up to approximately $1400/month, depending on hours worked.
Please email your CV and cover letter by September 15, 2006 to Paula Smith at email@example.com