This sounds like a great opportunity for an instructional designer. We have other alumni working for Westjet, and they report that they love the company.
Career Opportunity Bulletin
Position Title: E-Learning Designer
Department: People – Training
Location: Calgary (YYC)
Salary Band: 6
Closing Date: May 6, 2007
E-Learning Instructional Designers work through the complete design process, in consultation with WestJet’s business units, to develop and deliver quality online learning products.
• Consult, advise and support initiatives in the design of effective online learning to ensure high quality, instructionally sound products are delivered
• Consult with business units to gather requirements and set learning objectives
• Recommend delivery strategies that leverage online learning technologies
• Plan the design sequence of instructional activities to meet the determined learning objectives
• Provide instructional design expertise to business units and designers
• Identify instructional design challenges and work with business units to implement solutions
• Author e-learning courses using Force Ten
• Provide support in the development of multimedia components, course material conversion, test creation, record keeping etc.
• Support the upkeep and administration of existing online products
• Develop graphics, animations, multi-media and other interactive components that will be used in online courses.
• 3+ years experience as an instructional designer (Curriculum design through e-learning)
• Masters Degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology preferred; Minimum Degree or Diploma in Adult Education and equivalent work experience
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Experience working in online learning technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Project management experience an asset
To apply to this posting, please visit “Great Jobs” at www.westjet.com