From Terry Anderson, Editor:
We are pleased to release another fine issue of IRRODL. This issue marks our 10th year of publication and I am confident that IRRODL is now the most widely read and cited distance education journal in the world. We present in this issue 8 peer reviewed scholarly articles (from 5 continents) and 2 book reviews. There is also an editorial from Brigette McConkey, new IRRODL Managing editor, which lists the top downloaded article stats from 2008 and an offer to apply as IRRODL Book Review editor.
We encourage CIDER members to register as subscribers and as article reviewers at the IRRODL site.
All contents are available as Open Access in HTML, PDF, & MP3 (sound) formats at http://www.irrodl.org
Table of Contents IRRODL 10(4)
1. Kothmale Community Radio Interorg Project: True community radio or feel-good propaganda?
– Liz Francisca Rosalia Harvey-Carter
2. Critical and Higher Order Thinking in Online Threaded Discussions in the Slovak Context.
– Katarina Pisutova-Gerber, Jana Malovicova
3. Increasing Public Access to University Qualifications: Evolution of The University of the West Indies Open Campus
– Michael L. Thomas, Judith Soares
4. Research and Practice in K-12 Online Learning: A Review of Open Access Literature
– Cathy S. Cavanaugh, Michael K. Barbour & Tom Clark
5. Integrated Networks: National and International Online Experiences
– Osvaldo Antonio Muniz-Solaris, Christine Coats
6. Interaction Equivalency in Self-Paced Online Learning Environments: An exploration of learner preferences
– Jason Rhode
7.Recurring Issues Encountered by Distance Educators in Developing and Emerging Nations
– Clayton W. Wright, Gajaraj Dhanarajan, Sunday A. Reju
8. Making Education Equitable in Rural China through Distance Learning
– Shiling McQuaide
1. Pask to the Future
– Griff Richards
2. Distance Learning in Higher Education: A Programmatic Approach to Planning, Design, Instruction, Evaluation and Accreditation
– Terry Anderson