LEARNING AND TEACHING CENTRE
The BCIT Learning and Teaching Centre is inviting applications for three temporary, full-time Multimedia Developers.
In these varied and challenging roles, the successful candidates will develop and implement interactive multimedia applications as well as educational web and server technologies. The Multimedia Developers will coordinate and liaise with departments and groups as required to create and support digital educational multimedia development, while maintaining centralized production standards.
- Grade 12, plus completion of a two-year diploma program or equivalent in multimedia programming and development including digital audio and video, CD, DVD and web delivery
- Technical certification in related areas such as computer systems, applications, programming and internet applications would be an asset
- Two years general computer systems experience plus four years experience in a similar position, in the development and implementation of educational multimedia development within the post-secondary environment
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated expertise in multimedia applications and proven experience in multimedia development and programming in applications such as Adobe CS3, CS4, Adobe Flex
- Demonstrated ability in internet programming, applications and web technologies
- Experience as a project manager with a proven ability to establish priorities, identify tasks, coordinate the activities of project participants and report on the status of a project
- Experience training/mentoring faculty
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated commitment to, maintaining currency in a wide variety of office productivity (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, etc.) and educational software applications with the ability to make informed and competent decisions related to software applications
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Creative and visual thinker with a keen eye for graphic design and understanding of the visual image
- Effective training and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to research, summarize, and present clear and concise data to answer specific questions
- Knowledge of the curriculum design process
- Demonstrated ability to train adult learners
- Focus on high level of customer service
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: Two positions at two years (ASAP to October 2011); One position at one year (ASAP to October 2010)
SALARY RANGE: Pay Grade 10; $51,520 to $55,904 per annum (Prorated, if applicable, based on percentage of appointment)
COMPETITION NUMBER: 09B225R1
CLOSING DATE: November 17, 2009
*Please note: This position has been reposted; previous applicants will be considered and need not reapply.
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a diverse, enthusiastic workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer; however, Canadian Citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
November 6, 2009
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To Apply: Visit us online at bcit.ca/jobs and complete our application form.
We are only able to accept applications submitted online.