The McGill Centre for Continuing Education is looking for a Multimedia Courseware Developer (MCD) to support the use of educational technology by instructors in a context of deployment and growth of online offerings. The Centre serves adult learners across a variety of learning modes including in-class, blended learning with online synchronous and asynchronous delivery and online learning. The MCD will work alongside the Unit’s Instructional Designer as well as with other members of university support units.
• Design and develop online educational content
• Design and develop templates and applications for use by instructors
• Provide instructors with guidance for the production of online content
• Assist faculty in using online tools and applications
• Assist faculty in creating and using multimedia material
• Evaluate, select and deploy a variety of web based tools and resources
• Work as part of the Centre’s educational technology team to develop online instructional resources and administrative solutions
• Provide technical support for instructors
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) or Diploma in educational technology, instructional design or related fields.
• Two years experience in working with college or university faculty.
• Mastery of common educational software applications and learning management systems,
• Knowledge of Linux and mySQL administration.
• Good knowledge of Adobe Flash.
• Excellent planning, organizational and priority setting skills; Problem solving ability, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; Ability to work as part of a team and to manage small projects.
• English spoken and written, French spoken.
• Experience in graphic design and illustration, Adobe CS4 and animation.
• Experience with common programming languages such as Java and C++.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must include a brief cover letter, a curriculum vitae and two references (names and title). Please send your application to Human Resources – Centre for Continuing Education, (ref.: 09-1114/MR6789) by email to email@example.com by November 30, 2009.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.