A position is available as Consultant, Digital Fluency (Educational Technology) on theGovernment of Saskatchewan’s Careers Website located under Permanent Full-Time here:
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location(s): SK–Regina and Area-Regina
Ministry: 005 Education
Salary Range: $41.253-$50.215 Hourly
Temporary Salary Supplement: included in hourly salary range (in-scope)
The Ministry of Education provides strategic, innovative, and collaborative leadership to the early learning and child care, Pre-kindergarten through Grade 12 education, literacy, and library sectors. We promote higher student achievement and well-being for Saskatchewan children and youth, and improved literacy skills for all, as a foundation of this province’s social and economic growth.
Fostering digitally fluent children and youth through the infusion and effective use of technology in education is vital to supporting teaching and learning in Saskatchewan schools, and to improving student achievement. Towards this end, the Student Achievement and Supports Branch has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and innovative educational leader who possesses knowledge, skills, and experience in the areas of digital fluency and educational technology as they relate to assessment, curriculum, and instruction.
This position provides leadership to Saskatchewan’s education system with respect to the development, implementation, and actualization of:
* comprehensive and interactive instructional supports for educators, families, and students;
* models of instructional excellence, including innovative instructional practices;
* a variety of supports for instructional leaders and instructional coaches in areas of curriculum, instruction, and assessment as they relate to digital fluency and educational technology;
* the Technology in Education Policy Framework; and,
* Comprehensive Supports for Student Achievement.
Candidates should embrace working as a collaborative team member and demonstrate skills in developing, implementing, and actualizing practices, programs, and initiatives that significantly improve the achievement of all Saskatchewan students.
This position is responsible for:
* policy and program advice and analysis – including the identification of issues and concerns typically related to technology in education requiring policy, procedural, or program change, and leading the development of such policies, procedures, and programs;
* program development, implementation, evaluation, and assessment regarding digital fluency competencies and outcomes;
* curriculum actualization through the identification of desirable educational outcomes, and coordination of strategic changes in the curriculum development, implementation, and renewal processes, incorporating and reflecting digital fluency competencies;
* identifying new approaches, and redefinition of policy necessary, to effectively meet the needs of students and educators in using new and emerging technologies;
* research – including anticipating, identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends and issues typically related to technology in education; and,
* liaising with ministry branches, other ministries, universities, and research/ professional institutes to identify research priorities, and subsequently initiate and manage research projects.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through the completion of a graduate degree in a field related to the responsibilities.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: B – SGEU Field 37.33 – work a total of 37.33 hours/week, averaged over 4 weeks
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Criminal Record Check Requirement: The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Jan 25, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
Director |Instruction | Student Achievement and Supports | Saskatchewan Ministry of Education |
7th Floor, 2220 College Avenue | Regina, SK S4P 4V9 | office: 306.787.9448 | mobile: 306.596.3170 |fax: 306.787.2223|