Duties listed in the ad:
1. Develop online learning student and instructor resource materials; design effective instructional strategies and technology-based resources.
2. Create effective learning designs for online delivery of synchronous and asynchronous courses.
3. Facilitate the adaptation of course materials to asynchronous Web-based environment and assist in setting priorities for projects and activities.
4. Design and create pedagogically sound course materials that require the integration of technology with instruction in online environments including multimedia authoring tools, Dreamweaver™, Flash™, Photoshop™, streaming media, audio/video technologies and other related software.
5. Assist in the analysis of learning goals, learners, and learning context for course design and evaluation.
6. Participate in the production of course materials that require the integration of technology with instruction including Web development, multimedia authoring tools, streaming media audio/video technologies and ensuring appropriate evaluation methods are included.
7. Participate in establishing course development schedules.
8. Employ effective time management strategies while working on multiple course development projects simultaneously.
9. Integrate all course elements and provide attention to detail and quality assurance in the development of electronic course materials.
10. Assist and advise faculty in defining appropriate instructional strategies & philosophies in the preparation of courses and course redesign.
11. Provide knowledge and skills in instructional design, assessment, adult learning theories, instructional principles and practice.
12. Analyze existing instructional materials to identify potential areas for design modification using new technologies.
13. Conduct education/training analyses; develop assessment and evaluation strategies and tools.
14. Contribute to the evaluation of emerging Web technologies and tools.
15. Work collaboratively with Learning Technologies staff and distributed teams to develop/promote a variety of support services.
16. Lead development teams in the design of effective WBT instructional strategies in collaboration with content specialists and technical support.
17. Collaborate with subject matter experts.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. A degree in Education with specialized studies in instructional design and development for online education and multimedia training, evaluation, needs analysis and educational technology or an equivalent combination of at least four years of post-secondary education including six credits in instructional design, three credits in technology in education, three credits in online/distance education and three credits in evaluation from an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
2. Two years of web-based instructional design experience and in applying principles of instructional design in the creation of online course materials and assessments.
3. Experience in the development of blueprints for online courses and in providing programming/development support.
4. Experience with Web authoring tools (e.g., Dreamweaver™); media development tools (e.g., Captivate™); companion tools such as Hot Potatoes™, Quandary™ and Respondus™ for developing interactive online courses.
5. Demonstrated ability in developing online/multimedia courses and the application of effective design.
6. Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Blackboard, LearnLinc™, Internet technologies (including HTML and CSS) and implementation strategies.
7. Ability to work independently and demonstrated skills in working within a team in an academic environment under strict, tight timelines, demonstrating a high degree of self direction, initiative and motivation.
8. Superior interpersonal, communications and computer skills and demonstrates valuing diversity.