Our friend and colleague, JR Dingwall, sent this note:
In case you happen to know someone interested in ID related work, the Centre for Teaching and Learning here at the UofA is looking for 2 ‘Educational Developers’ (http://www.careers.ualberta.ca/Competition/A113816379D2/).
: Spring 2015 – Service Learners Announced :
New Project Kickoff: We are pleased to announce the start of our next service-learning project facilitated by members of the Graduate Student Assembly (GSA) of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) and Designers for Learning! Our pro bono service-learning projects are completed by volunteer college students who are enrolled in instructional design programs.
Selected Service Learners: Students were selected during a competitive application and review process conducted by the project facilitators. During a recent Call for Volunteers, we received applications from 24 highly qualified instructional design students for the 9-person cohort, which forced us to make very tough selection decisions. Those applicants with the most relevant instructional design course and work experience were given preference. We thank all students who applied, as well as their faculty references!
The following is the roster of service-learner volunteers selected for this project, along with their school affiliations and faculty sponsors.
- Carolina Sandoval, California State University – Los Angeles (Faculty Sponsor: Manisha Javeri)
- Colleen Jackson, California State University – Monterey Bay (Faculty Sponsor: Bude Su)
- Elaine Rettger, Arizona State University (Faculty Sponsor: Wilhelmina Savenye)
- Hana Moudallal, Oakland University (Faculty Sponsor: William L. Solomonson)
- Holly Marshburn, Nova Southeastern University (Faculty Sponsor: Barbara Christina)
- Mitchell Palsson, University of Pennsylvania (Faculty Sponsor: Gabriela Richard)
- Shulong Yan, Penn State University (Faculty Sponsor: Alison Carr-Chellman)
- Willette Brye, University of South Alabama (Faculty Sponsor: Joe’l Lewis)
- Zhaihuan Dai, Florida State University (Faculty Sponsor: Fengfeng Ke)
This service-learning project is facilitated by three members of the AECT GSA, including:
- Jason Engerman, Penn State University
- Paige Hale, Morehead State University
- Wendy Gentry, Virginia Tech
The project is further supported by three faculty volunteers who will serve as mentors to the students working on the project, including:
- Dr. Ji Hyun Yu
- Dr. Yvonne Earnshaw
- Dr. Monica Rysavy
Live Webinar on January 28th: Please join us for the project’s kickoff live webinar on January 28th at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone). Information about how to access our live webinar will be posted on the Designers for Learning website at http://designersforlearning.org/live. During this first webinar, we will discuss the client’s goals and needs for this project. Since we know that not everyone will be able to join the live session, the webinar will be recorded and posted for later viewing at http://designersforlearning.org/category/webcasts.
Thank you to everyone who has supported the development of our organization and this project, including those volunteering their time, skills, and knowledge to this important need. To follow along with the project, please bookmark our project website at http://studio.designersforlearning.org/spring2015gch/, and contact us with any questions or comments.
Dr. Jennifer Maddrell, firstname.lastname@example.org