Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening.
Please ensure you have an updated resume and cover letter ready for uploading.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
To ensure consideration, applications must be RECEIVED no later than 22:59 pm on the closing date. Please note only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Content (SDF) Details
Job Content (SDF) Details
|Posting Title||Instructional Designer|
|Category of work||Full Time|
|Org Code/Description||Instructional Design-33075-DEPT|
|Location||Multiple Locations (Please check posting details)|
|Other Location(s)||Saskatchewan Polytechnic Moose Jaw Campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Salary Range||As per salary instructional grid|
|Temporary Market Stipend|
|Hours of Work||1442.75 hours|
|Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay||199 assigned days|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
|Job Duties||The primary responsibility for the position is to apply principles of instructional design in the creation of online course materials. The position will analyze content and identify appropriate instructional media, design learning activities, develop interactive components, create and construct content in an online environment. The successful applicant will support all phases of integrating instructional technology into the teaching and learning process.
Your role as a full-time instructor at Saskatchewan Polytechnic will be supported through instructional materials, on-going employer provided training, and our requisite faculty certificate program. This initiative will develop our instructors professionally while ensuring a high quality learning experience for all Saskatchewan Polytechnic students.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
|Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)||1. A graduate degree with specialized studies in instructional design and development for online education and multimedia training, evaluation, needs analysis and educational technology or an equivalent combination of at least four years of relevant post-secondary education, recent training and experience.
2. Two years of web-based instructional design experience and in applying principles of instructional design in the creation of online course materials and assessments. May include graduate degree experience.
3. Experience in the development of blueprints for online courses and in providing programming/development support.
4. Experience with Web authoring tools, media development tools, and companion tools for developing interactive online courses.
5. Demonstrated ability in developing online/multimedia courses and the application of effective design.
6. Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Learning Management Systems, Internet technologies and implementation strategies.
7. Ability to work independently and demonstrated skills in working within a team in an academic environment under strict, tight timelines, demonstrating a high degree of self direction, initiative and motivation.
8. Superior interpersonal, communications and computer skills.
9. Demonstrates valuing diversity.