For our first makerspace event this year, we will be doing some programming.
We have acquired some sample Jewelbot bracelets through a Kickstarter campaign.
“Jewelbots are the perfect tool to introduce kids 7-14 to the principles of programming. Jewelbots are perfect for beginners and the open source Arduino IDE offers a full fledged coding experience for pros. Jewelbots use Arduino — a language also taught in many school educational programs.”
- Test the Jewelbot bracelets
- Discuss their usefulness for teaching kids how to program
- A laptop
- Install the Arduino IDE on your laptop: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- A mini USB cable (2.0)
- RSVP- firstname.lastname@example.org
Where & When
- Room 8 – basement of the Education building
- January 19 @ 7:00 pm
Coffee and Snacks